Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Death by Photo upload 16.09.10








Good Morning, Morocco! The first week all 59 Americans stayed at Hotel Majestic, also the Hotel we'll be ending our Experience with. Little did we know that the shoddy shower would be sorely missed.



I have never gotten such horrible sleep. Thank Air France for the trendy Raleigh blind.







The Souq vendors sell gorgeous pottery at a beautiful exchange rate favoring the dollar.

One of the first Rabat sunsets I saw. This was taken from the balcony of Hotel Majestic on Hassan II Ave. We'll be finishing our trip up here as well. Kim, Kelsey, and I have already put in room and roommate requests.

Goofball on Mo V.




The Conference room we now have classes in; it wasn't quite finished when we first arrived.



Mohammed V Ave. This street has become so commonplace in my life now.



People gathering at a government run charity that provides daily food. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I hope to find out during my ISP.




Outside the Medina

The Conference room before it was finished being renovated.


Instead of taking more pride in the outside of their homes, Moroccans spend the most energy on the inside. I would have lost a large portion of the experience I'm having had I never been able to enter one. Apart from the graceful aesthetic of the archways inside, windows tend to divide rooms. Fire hazards galore with the beautiful metal coverings on them.


It's a working lack of matching patterns in Morocco.









Lahcen (endeavoring to) usher us downstairs.
When he's not running the government here he graces us as a professor.







Looking up from the school atrium. Originally a house owned by Spanish immigrants, SIT purchased it and converted it to the Cross Cultural Center for Learning (CCCCCCCCCCCCCCL).

Beslaama,
Raleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment